Monday, October 10, 2016

Golden Stitches (or Snitches...)

Life can be awful frustrating at times.

As a child, I thought that meant we had to do chores around the house. As a teenager I thought it meant that our family of six had to share a single vehicle - when four of us had jobs at different places in town. Now, as a married young adult, I am learning that life is a big scary mess; but it is held together by beautiful, soul-enriching moments; golden stitches if you will.

This blog is something I felt I needed to do. I need to tell our story; as much for my own sanity and understanding as anything. So much has happened in the past year of our lives, it's got to make a great story someday!

I really believe that the most beautiful stories are painted with a wide variety of colors - sometimes full of colorful patterns, and sometimes large patches of dark, accented by streaks of bright. So this is my attempt to capture my story - our story - in a way that all of the beautiful colors and textures can be seen as a whole piece of artwork - touched by the Master's hand.

"Life is but a Weaving" (The Tapestry Poem)

"My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.

Oft'times He weaveth sorrow;

And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him."

-Corrie ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment