Ah, wisdom from a shampoo bottle...:)
About 2 weeks ago, I visited a counselor on campus (Yes, a real,
live, actual counselor).
Since my first miscarriage in June, I had been dealing with anxiety thoughts and mild to moderate
anxiety attacks for the first time in my life. I felt that my world had somewhat shattered - life had never looked so fragile as those days and weeks after the event. So I called the counseling center and finally made it through the
waitlist to be seen.
By the time the appointment rolled around, I had actually been
doing a lot better, but decided to go through with it anyway - who knows, maybe
I'd still learn something.
Throughout the visit, several times the thought would cross my
mind, 'Huh, well God already taught me that one'. By the end of the visit, I
had learned a few little things to add to my memory bank of mental/emotional wellness,
but most of what was said, I felt I had already been taught by God's careful
hand. Now, I don't mean any offense to this counselor. A first visit is hardly
a time to be making judgments. What did strike me though, in talking about the situation, why I was there (it seemed like so long ago...) was just how much
I had learned! Yes, I did recognize as the time went by that I was
learning things, and I could practically hear the direct instruction from on
High. But it was striking to make that realization in contrast to where I had
been.
The past few months I have really been trying to learn as much as
I can about mental wellness, positive energy, nutrition and health, and overall
wellness. I found a ton of great resources and information! After a while,
though, I got so full of information and lists of 'do's' that it was
starting to cause me mental anxiety again! So many things to do, supposed to
buy these great foods and have time to cook and money to buy things with but I
barely have time to get my homework done how am I supposed to do all this oh my
gosh now I'm going to get sick....it's a pretty vicious thought pattern. But
then I realized what was going on.
And so, the title of this post comes into play. I was showering
one day, as I sometimes do, and spacing out while 'reading' the back of my
shampoo bottle. Then the phrase caught my curiosity. 'Le Perfection est Ennuyante'.
I don't speak ( or read ) French, but I had a hunch that it would translate
roughly to 'perfection is annoying'. I checked with my sister, who studies
French, and she confirmed my hunch. I thought about that, and I decided to add
it to my list of mottos. Just like the popular song from 'Frozen' ;) Let it go!
Do what you can and don't worry about it! Just live life and
bring in all the positivity that you can. Life is too short to waste on
worrying. Yes, we need to make smart, informed decisions; but not stress over
them!
I guess I'm not totally sure where I wanted to go with this random
train of thoughts, but if nothing else, remember the wisdom from a shampoo
bottle: 'Le Perfection est Ennuyante'!
My sweet girl! Full of wisdom you are!! Proud to be your mother I am!!! I love you 🤗
ReplyDelete