Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Successful extubation!

Age: 9 days
Weight: 1080g (he's now above his birth weight!)

Trial of extubation is successful so far! Meaning - the doctor took out Daniel's breathing tube and he is doing well without it! He has some sort of nasal breathing support still (I can't remember what it's called), and the nurses will watch him closely throughout the day.

He got pretty upset in the process, but between the doctor and nurses they got him calm and in a better position for breathing.

Interestingly, he still doesn't make much noise vocally. I assumed that when the tube came out he would be able to make sound when he cries, but I guess he is still a little young for that. He does make small sounds, but not a full cry. He'll get there :) We are so very excited about the incredible progress he has been making! The Lord has been with our Daniel and we are so grateful.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Daniel!! You have an awesome mommy and daddy, and you are loved by so many people.

    ReplyDelete