Saturday, January 26, 2019

More Updates..

(Guest Post:)

Day of life 47
Corrected age: 39 weeks 3 days
Weight: 2075g (4lb 9oz)



The Doctors are still trying to diagnose what is causing this sudden turn in Daniel's health. In the past few days, they have cultured two samples of his blood looking for growth and infectious markers both of which came back with no results. They have taken two urine samples which did not show anything out of the ordinary. They also took a nasal swab to test for 15 of the most common types of viruses - all of which came back negative.

They have done X-rays on his head and lungs, a BNP on to test for heart failure, an echo cardiogram to look at heart size/function all of which had findings, but all minor and definitely nothing significant enough to explain his current difficulties.

He has had multiple machines running to monitor his neurological activity to look for seizure like activity, which came back - again - as a minor concern.

In consulting with the Doctor, they are still unsure of what the underlying issue may be. They are "racking their brains" for anything that they may be missing.

He was intubated once more (they put his breathing tube back in) because he was going apneic for extended periods of time causing them to have to 'bag him' or give him manual breaths of oxygen through a bag and balloon hooked up to the wall.


It is scary not knowing what is causing this. Without a known cause, they are treating with broad spectrum medicines to mitigate against risk of possible causes...

We don't know what the future holds, as has been the case throughout the entire pregnancy/Daniel's life, but we are confident that all will 'work together for [our] good.'

Lacie is and has been my anchor throughout this journey, as she always is. I am so grateful for her strength, courage, faith and determination. I am grateful for her. She has been at our sides through it all. She is the best I could ever ask for. I look up to her in everything and love her with all my heart.


6 comments:

  1. Oh I just ache for you. All three of you. We are fasting for a miracle. I just can't even imagine how you feel or how you are so strong. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya and caden JohnsonJanuary 27, 2019 at 1:41 PM

    We are praying for you three.. we love you and hope all goes well, just stay positive and things are in god's hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for your little Daniel and for the doctors so they will find the cause. this is so tough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have each other. You two are building a beautiful eternal family and I know that God is in all of this. We love you, Lacie, Daniel and Aubrey. We pray for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you guys! I sure love you and am so grateful for your strength and trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all in our prayers! Much love!

    ReplyDelete